Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Apparently, I'm safe because I like cute things

4/4 月

Today, we got special permission to spend time with the O's, K's, and
M's down at the Himeji-jou. BEAUTIFUL!!! My companion was super
excited to go up into the castle. She's really cute--very Japanese. A
lot of her emotions are guesswork, but every so often, she gets
excited about something enough that I can actually tell without the
calculus and problem-solving that it normally takes.

Himeji-jou was beautiful--I'm so glad I got to go. I didn't think I
would be able to. Too bad I missed Kyoto, but I'll be back here soon
enough. Not an issue. Also, I splurged a bit and bought a
Shiromaruhime (Japanese castle mascot?) for my beloved Barii-san
(Japanese city mascot?). He needed a friend. I needed to be the one to
give it to him. (And I'm glad I did--Shiromaruhime seems to be a
seasonal item, and I got the cutest version.) When he saw what I had
bought, O kyoudai was like, "Ah, you like those kind of things?
That's good. It's safe."

Me: ...Safe?
Him: Because you're smart. (I guess liking cute
things makes me less intimidating?)

Come to think of it, T. Shimai called me a nakami, too. ...Hey, I'm
allowed to like cute things...

But anyways, we saw the "Evening Sakura." They lit up the Sakura
and the oshiro. It was beautiful. I'm really glad we went. That was a
great experience.

And now I have Shiromaruhime! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment