Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Let there be vegetables!

4/5 火

O Shimai the elder took us to see an LA today. She lived a long ways
away, and it turned out she wasn't home. That was too bad, but on the
way back, O was like, "Let me feed you two" and took us to an
Adventist restraurant.

Now let me have a moment to tell you about this morning. I had a bowl
of rice with otsukemono, milk with protein powder, and an egg because
protein is hard to get in Japan and I was stocking up. As I sat down
and looked at my breakfast, I was like, "I will never eat anything
green for the rest of my life." Not for lack of desire, but rather,
availability.

It was meaningful enough for me that I asked in personal study "Dear
God. I know you can do anything. I want to eat vegetables today. I
don't know how you're going to do it--we don't have time, and we don't
have vegetables, but I know you love us, and I want to eat something
healthy. Please bless us."

So we get to this Adventist cafeteria dealeo, and apparently,
Adventists are very healthy eaters, because everything there included
a kind of vegetable. And their pumpkin soup was delicious. I ate
myself full on vegetables. And there was cake (pumpkin cake),
so that was happy. I told O Shimai that she was an answer to my
prayer, and she was really happy. I was, too. That was really cool.

Then we went to H shimai's and helped her pick up trash. Her husband
came at the end and brought us back to the house. And H shimai's
husband was happy to see us :D

No comments:

Post a Comment