Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I don't know if I'll ever be able to read a book in public again

4/7 木

We had interviews today, which was so fun. I forget how few people are
on the streets on Kitarokko until I step on a train for Kobe. One
thing that's entirely changed about me is that I feel like a worthless
missionary if I don't talk to people wherever I go--especially on
trains. (Thank you, Z. Shimai :D) I don't know what I'll do when I
go home. I don't know if I'll ever be able to read a book in public
again without feeling some serious guilt.

Interviews were really good. The mission president started out the
conversation by giving me a good handshake and saying "You're not
allowed to go home!" Every missionary needs to hear that. He gave me
some great tips on how to not become less-active. I know a lot of
missionaries have a really hard time when they go home and are like,
"What do I do?" But we had a really good talk.

We also ate really good Chinese food at a restaurant right off the
station, and I bought peanut butter and granola. :D

On the way back, we dropped by a member's house and taught her cute
grandkid the "Hokey Pokey." Hahahaha, being goofy is not something one
does when one is Japanese, so it was so awkward. And
she gave us yakimo :DDD

4/8 金

We went to seminary, then back on a train to Kobe!! We met a really
solid kid on the way back, after we ate soba :DDD His name was Y, and
he was just solid. We were like, "Do you believe in God?"

Him: I know there's a God.

Woah, back off, everyone. This kid means business. He's solid.

4/10 日

I LOVE SOUTAIKAI!

Also got an obi for my yukata :D

(This is Sydney's mom. After getting this email, the following pictures came to mind, and I wanted to share them to help you appreciate the full impact of what Sydney is saying in this post. This is a picture that I took the summer before Sydney's mission. We were in New York, near Times Square. This is what Sydney did - every time - when we stopped at a restroom or anywhere else for a 5 minute break.)


No comments:

Post a Comment