Sunday, April 24, 2016

Last mission email / My goal was to "see miracles"



Not much to say this week, just that we've seen a lot of miracles,
gotten a lot of presents, I've received perhaps five coin purses of
various size and design and cake three or four times this week, and
have seen God's hand in our lives. I have about ten minutes to write
you before I send one to my mission president.

In answer to the question I'm sure you're all wondering: Other than a
little screaming and running around the apartment, I don't actually
feel any different at all. It doesn't feel like I'm going home--just
another day in the field. Which is good--it's how I like it to be.
I've worked hard. I've worked hard just about every day of my mission
life. There are a lot of Shimai (Sisters) who work twice as hard in the last
stretch, but I think I appreciate more the sisters who work twice as
hard for their entire mission, and so working really hard for the last
stretch is working as hard as they did every other day. I hope that's
me. My body feels like it's me.

Also, nothing can hurt Kitarokko (where I’m at). So no earthquakes here.
This week's most notable event happened this Wednesday.
We went on a koukan (swapping missions companions) with O. Shimai
and A. Shimai. This is the same A. Shimai that Z. Shimai went on a koukan
with when A. Shimai was still a trainee. Well, she's my STL, now, just like I
knew she would be. And we went on a koukan. Just as I knew we would.

Every koukan, we set koukan goals before we go out, and since I will
soon be dead (slang for “off my mission”), my goal was "see miracles".
AS: What kind of miracles?
Me: ...*sigh* *think* You asked for it. "I want to teach someone who, in the
1st lesson, desires to be baptized."
AS: Okay, tanoshimi ni shite imasu!

So we go out. We had a really solid day. At the last moment, T.
Shimai and I sent a mail to an investigator who's been to church
twice, but never met with us. Her schedule opened up, and since she
actually lives in Nishiwaki area, met us there. T. Shimai and I
deliberated over what to teach her, but we decided to invite her to be
baptized.

Long story short, she accepted. Really long story short, but time's
short, so...

Also, A. Shimai and I got cake. Then T. Shimai brought me a
drink that I hadn't tried before and strawberry daifuku :D She loves
me. She doesn't say it much, because she's Japanese, but this week,



I've really felt loved by her. :)

4/18 月

Today I cut my hair again, family. Hahahaha~

Love you all, see you soon.

Sanzu Shimai
サンズ姉妹

もすぐ、サンズ姉妹は宣教師の三途の川を渡します。

No comments:

Post a Comment